Friday, May 18, 2012
















despite the stormy weather and buckets of rain, our day trip to monticello was a total success. not only did we get the extended tour of jefferson's home and gardens, we got to play dress-up in bonnets and dresses, eat in ye old tavern featuring 'traditional' 18th century recipes (fried chicken?) and speak in fake british accents *i may have been the only one speaking in a horrible faux-english accent

my poor dad had to put up with my obnoxious instance at taking posed/embarrassing pictures at every corner. thankfully, my mom was all over it!  i guess my obsession with everything colonial runs in the family...

if the whole ocean conservation thing doesn't pan out, i'll always have my career as a reenactor to fall back on

2 comments:

  1. hey hey! That's where Leila and I grew up!

    ps. yes, I'm stalking your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. holy smokes! i'm officially uber jealous of your childhood!

      Delete