Monday, December 13, 2010

She bakes! Contrary to past experience, I'm not a total baking failure...

I decided to flex my (rarely used) baking muscles to prepare for jen's annual holiday cookie exchange. i turned to erin for her signature 'crack cookie' recipe: choc chip cookies with vanilla pudding mix. after three trips to cvs for supplies, i was well on my way to the cookie hall of fame.

exhibit A
exhibit B
naturally, as any seasoned baker knows, i had to try some of the batter (quality assurance and all). i mean, look at that deliciousness! and by try, i mean eat 1/4 of the raw batter. helloooo salmonella

by the time those suckers made it into the oven, i was beginning to feel somewhat nauseous from all that raw cookie dough and omnipresent baking smell. just how you want to feel before going to eat MORE cookies.

in all my excitement at actually having made cookies ON MY OWN, i forgot to take a pic of the
end result! for those less imaginative:
they didnt quite meet expectations, but i think i spoiled my tastebuds with raw dough deliciousness. and if its any testament, all of my cookies went at the cookie exchange. so who knows, maybe i have a bit of a baking edge afterall...

No comments:

Post a Comment