Tuesday, September 28, 2010

shut one door and another one is violently kicked in

this whole life/school/TA/attempting-to-be-somewhat-social combo is kicking my ASS. the latest tribulation in the string of things-that-take-entirely-too-much-time-and-energy was attempting to schedule a dental appointment. now that i finalllllly have health insurance, i decided it was high time to go to the dentists after, oh, 4 + years (wooops). not only is finding a day nearly impossible, between work (earning money to FEED myself) and school (finding time to get shit done so i can SLEEP at night), but apparently i have to be assigned to a particular dental office. who knew? and why didnt anyone tell ME?

After waiting on hold to speak with an insurance representative (gotta love kenny G), i managed to figure out who i was originally assigned to. Great, not too difficult. Look up the phone number, give them a call. Lo and behold, they dont accept patients unless theyve already been treated there! ummm xenophobia much? Fine, ok, ill take my business elsewhere thank you very much. Call up the insurance company again, wait on hold, switch to another doctor. call that office. What was that? you DONT accept my insurance plan anymore? as of FRIDAY? naturally. Call insurance company back, yet again, speak with nancy (oh yeah, we were on a first name basis by now) and switch to a third and FINAL dental office who miraculously did exist, did except me, and does accept my insurance. bitchy receptionist aside, i think we have a winner.

lord knows ill likely be turned away from my appointment on thursday and shunned with a scarlet letter because the insurance company forgot to send me my dental insurance card. i can expect it in the mail in 10 business days. good thing i only have 2 before my appointment....despite the fact that i have a temporary card AND my policy number, im sure it violates 85 policies to be seen without the actual plastic card. maybe im being too pessimistic?

fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment