Friday, February 26, 2010

hello sweet sorrow, goodbye fair nuts.

the long awaited results of my food allergy test came back, with a few unpleasant surprises.

of the 42 foods tested, i only tested allergic to 2: kidney beans (eh, no big loss there) and almonds. almonds. as in my preferred granola addition, my favorite evening morcel, my SECOND favorite nut!

once i recovered from the initial shock, the doctor went on to tell me i was mildly allergic to walnuts and pecans. there goes delicious pecan pie, delicious apple-walnut salad.

here goes the next 4 weeks almond-pecan-walnut free...

2 comments:

  1. Oh No, Simone! I feel your pain because I, too, love me some nuts especially almonds :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get an allergy test or a food sensitivity test? I need more info when I get back - it's something I'm def looking into for various reasons but I know there's SOMETHING in my diet that's killing my skin and stomach. :( (don't think it's dairy -- dairy-free for a month and no change.)

    Um... at least you can still eat peanut butter! ;)

    ReplyDelete