Monday, November 7, 2011

Epically disastrous redesign FAIL. And not just in a tragic but somewhat endearing kind of way. In a self destructive kind of way.

It all started when I decided to take the plunge and get into the nitty gritty of project revamp. I've been staring at these blank walls long enough, it was time for action!

Mission drapey string turned out surprisingly well, considering my somewhat questionable history with DIY. One suede cord, two push pins and a handful of binder clips (that my office generously and unknowingly donated to the cause) later and I was one step closer to HGTV stardom.

Infused with my newfound flare for hanging things in that casual-yet-strategically-placed aesthetic, I decided to tackle the one task I'd been dreading. That unruly pile of photos, picture frames and postcards staring me down from my chair.

Mid process, I kept noticing red smears across the glass, my wall, even my bedspread. I had been handling a set of red picture frames, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how i managed to get red paint everywhere. UNTIL I looked down and realize that i was profusely BLEEDING from an open wound on my thumb. decorating casualty!

once i was cleaned up and bandaged, i set to work cleaning up my bloody mess. In a frenzy of frustration, I managed to break the glass on one of my bigger frames-the very same frame that I cut my finger on!! bastard.

so...well just say its a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment