Monday, June 28, 2010

saturday was my time to SHINE. my claim to kidsafe fame...my chance to promote my baby like an overzealous stage mom. tabling for work is one thing, tabling in baltimore in the summer heat is quite another. talking to parents all day about sustainable seafood is fab and all...but no shade and oppressive heat make simone a tired, cranky girl. after roughly 6 hours baking in the sun at the aquarium summer "fun" event, i began to lose interest in pestering parents about our healthy, sustainable seafood options. a carefully rehearsed program spiel graduatally degenerated into cave man hand motions. but hey, we did manage to unload about 300 magnets on people, thats account for some success right?

as a notorious non-napper, after saturday's talk/roast fest, i was all too happy to relinquish over to the dark side and into my bed. and air conditioning. after a solid hour and a half, i woke, showered the sweat and sunburn off, and got my ass in gear for a night of dancing and awkward greek men in the military. amazing.

after all the excitement, the slightest hint of hang over and one whiff of that humid air sent me straight to a friends house, escaping the heat and any call to activity for a solid 9 hours spend sprawled across her couch. several episodes of house hunters, man v. food and two movies later, and i eventually abandoned my well carved out couch nook and dragged my tired tush back home.

i like to think of it as a well balanced weekend, my saturday action ying to sundays lazy yang.

No comments:

Post a Comment