Monday, May 24, 2010

a little retail therapy goes a loooooong way.

rather than try our luck under sunday's drizzly grey skies, allie and i opted for the warm, dry fluorescent lighting of pentagon city. apparently so did the rest of the DC-metro area. the mall was crawling with rain-phobic shoppers looking to give the economy a much needed boost.

the shopping gods eventually took pity on me after a few failed attempts, and rewarded me with a LONG awaited pair of black flats, flip flops (new commuter shoes), and two token 'fun items' to say fuckall to the budget and treat myself: neon blue shirt thats screams 'i may not feel fabulous but i sure as hell look fabulous' and a classic black top that while on sale was still slightly over my im-a-poor-grad-student budget, but well within my dammit-i-deserve-this budget. a decent haul for a sunday afternoon well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment