Thursday, April 8, 2010

failure. complete failure.

stepping off the elevator, i started rummaging around my purse for keys while balancing my waterbottle, sweater, bag and mail. amidst all the hullabaloo i decided i had to check my phone that instant, god forbid i miss a text or call. seeing as i only have 2 hands and questionable agility, i subsequently DROPPED fancy new phone on the floor. cursing silently, i bend over to pick it up to see my screen lined with neon green. not good. i tried turning on and off the screen. the black screen of death. definitely not good. in a state of utter denial, i grabbed my keys and headed out to the nearest verizon store in hopes that i was missing some quick fix move, or at the very worst get a replacement. despite my somewhat involved story of getting accosted on the bus to win the sympathy vote, despite my best puppy dog eyes, there was nothing to be done. new phone? dead. screen cracked. options? nothing. buy a new one, RETAIL price. and we all know thats sure as hell's not happening...

Verizon: 1
Me: 0

* side note: to be fair, i did drop the phone on carpet. if it couldnt handle a little tumble like that, i was bound to break it eventually given my clumsy track record (or so i keep telling myself...)

so its back to old faithful, my ancient cave man slide chocolate. while she may not be internet saavy, sleek or capable of much else besides calling and texting, she stood by my side these past few years. she took me through my formative college years, she was there when i came back from traveling the world, and she was there, now, to pick me up when i needed her most.

i raise my glass to you, old faithful. live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment